Art at The Vinoy. Call to Artists.
Every Thursday at the Lobby of the Hotel
For over two years we’ve been honored to showcase local artists in the main lobby of the historic Vinoy Hotel. It’s a great way to introduce your art to visitors and show your creative process. The hotel is looking for ways to not only entertain their guests, but also to support our local art community.
Samples of Artwork: All potential exhibitors are required to submit a short Artist’s BIO and samples of the intended display items. Please submit images of the work to be displayed to firstname.lastname@example.org in jpeg format. All images should be labeled with the artist’s name, dimensions and title of the artwork. You can also email us a Dropbox link.
The gallery will supply easels, lights, titles, business cards and POS system and Information table. Information will be published on Bella Unica’s Facebook Event Page and website. Artist’s parking will be validated. All you need to bring is your art and a station, if you want to show your creative process.
On the day of your show, we would recommend you be at the venue between 4:45 – 5:00 PM. The show starts at 5:30 and runs through 7:30 PM. When you arrive on Thursday, the hotel staff will help you unload and bring your artwork to the lobby. You can valet park one (1) car and the hotel will validate it, so you don’t have to pay. However, we recommend having a few dollars for tipping. The gallery team (Eddie: 727-504-4913 and Natalie Velez: 727-488-2677) will help you set up.
Frequently Asked Questions
While choosing whether to show your art at The Vinoy, pease keep in mind it is not your typical gallery setting. It is a very dynamic, 2-hour pop-up art show. The beauty is it’s an honor to be able to share your art at one of the most historic and prestigious venues in town. Give it a try! We will do our best to make it a nice and stress-free experience for you!
- How many pieces of art can you take? Artists can bring 6-9 pieces of art from medium to small sizes, and a personal station to work. Maximum recommended size is 36″ tall.
- Is it mandatory for artist to paint at the hotel during the art show? It is not mandatory; however, our experience is that artist who share their creative process usually gets more attention from the guests and visitors. Also, it’s always a great and fun way to connect with the public. We highly recommend it!
- How and when should I pay for the show? If approved, the show fee is $65.00. You will receive a PayPal Invoice. You don’t need to have a PayPal account to make a payment. Your spot is secured as soon as the gallery receives payment.
- What is the gallery’s commission? All payments are made between the gallery and buyer via our POS system. The Gallery commission is 30%. The artist will receive payment as soon as it clears, based on our agreement.
- Can the gallery deliver the sold artwork? We provide FREE delivery in the Tampabay Area.
- Can the artist exchange their business cards with the buyers and potential clients directly? We operate as a gallery during all of our events. Artists will not be exchanging their personal and business information during our events, unless agreed otherwise in advance.
- Can the artist bring art prints to sell during the show? YES!
- Are there any limitations on what art can be showcased at The Vinoy? The Vinoy is a family-friendly venue. The goal is to bring beauty, unity and good vibes. As much as we love human form, strong messages and artistic freedom, it might not be the apropriate venue for it. Therefore no political statements nor nudity is allowed.
- Can the gallery guarantee a sale during the show? The gallery can’t guarantee sales during the show nor how many people will visit the venue on Thursday night.
- What type of art was sold at the venue? There are no specific parameters and themes. We’ve sold abstracts, colorful beachy prints, photography and holiday postcards.
- Who does the promotion of the show? We post information about the show on our Facebook page and website. We also print a monthly schedule that we deliver to the hotel. Artists are encouraged to be actively involved in the promotion of their events by inviting their followers, sharing information via social media and email blasts.
- What would happen if the show is canceled? If the show is canceled because of the venue or gallery, we will work with the artist to reschedule the show. If we are not able to accomodate you, you will receive a refund of your fee.